Santa Marta, a charming destination on the Colombian coast, is the ideal place for family trips. With a unique blend of beaches, culture, history and nature, it offers a wide range of activities that capture the interest of adults and children alike.
Below, we will explore in greater detail the family attractions, outdoor activities, educational experiences, dining options and accommodations that make Santa Marta a perfect destination for families.
- Parque de los Novios: This vibrant space in the heart of the city is perfect for relaxing walks. Children can play in safe areas while adults enjoy the surrounding cafes and stores. Evenings often feature live performances and cultural events that fascinate all ages.
- Tairona Gold Museum: An educational journey through time, where families can admire gold and ceramic artifacts of the Tairona Indians. Interactive exhibits bring history to life, ideal for fostering learning and curiosity in young people.
- Walk along the bay's promenade in Santa Marta: The Camellón de la Bahía, a must-see destination for visitors to Santa Marta, also known as Paseo Bastidas in honor of Rodrigo de Bastidas, the founder of the city, offers a must-see experience. As you stroll along this vibrant boardwalk, you'll encounter a variety of culinary zones, children's play areas, a pet-friendly space, an outdoor gym and local artisans' stalls presenting their work along the promenade, creating a cultural and recreational mosaic.
- Bello Horizonte: With calm waters, these beaches are a safe haven for play and family relaxation. In addition, you can find paddle schools and other water sports such as kayaking and jet skis, perfect for adventurous teens and adults.
- Tayrona National Natural Park: A paradise of biodiversity, with trails through tropical forests leading to idyllic beaches. It's a great way to teach children about conservation while enjoying the natural beauty. Camping areas offer a more immersive experience in nature.
-Bird watching: Santa Marta is an exceptional destination for bird watching enthusiasts. With its diverse geography, including beaches, mountains and jungles, this region offers a wide diversity of bird life, making bird watching an exciting and rewarding activity to do with family and friends.